December 8, 2022 10AM
Forecast only for Metro Cebu
- LPA 1265KM East of Mindanao and moderate chance of development to a Tropical Depression. Weather Models indicate no chances of development to a Tropical Storm or Typhoon.
- Temp forecast 25-31°C low winds and slight to moderate seas
- Tropical Cyclone prediction for december is 1 to 2.
- Latest PAGASA Tropical Cyclone Threat Potential, weather disturbance seen between Dec 7 to 13 (current LPA tackled). No weather disturbance seen for Dec 14 to Dec 20
- Path of LPA is less likely to pass through Cebu Area. More area of focus it will stay along eastern coast of Leyte and samar area.
- LPA Potential name if upgraded into Tropical Depression will be named Rosal. 18th tropical Cyclone in the country.
- Tropical Depression category maximum wind signal #1 will be hoisted. Winds of 61KM/Hr or less within 72 hours.
- Concern of this weather system is more on rain. Heavy Rainfall warning signal maybe issued for Cebu on Friday. Estimated Rainfall accumulation for Cebu (including Cebu City) in 24 hours is 50mm or less than 50mm.
- Dec 8 to 10 weather condition and rainfall: cloudy skies with scattered rainshowers/thunderstorms due to trough of LPA/possible Tropical Cyclone. Light to moderate winds (20-40kph) with slight to moderate seas
- Dec 11-17: improving weather. Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rainshowers/thunderstorms in the afternoon or evening. Light to moderate winds (20-30kph) with slight to moderate seas.
In case of Emergency, contact Cebu City Emergency Hotline: dial 166(telephone only), 0932-537-7770, 0947-178-0000, 0917-839-9896
Courtesy by: Renzo del Rosario from his Facebook Page (Link: bit.ly/3iP2TWn)